Support, feedback and bug report template
When sending us a support request, feedback or reporting a bug, please include as much information possible:
- Operating System you are using
- Tor Browser version
- Tor Browser Security Level
- Step by step of how you got to the issue, so we can reproduce it (e.g. I opened the browser, typed a url, clicked on a option in settings, then my browser crashed)
- A screenshot of the problem
- Console logs on Tor Browser Desktop (can be opened by Ctrl+Shift+J on Windows/Linux and Cmd+Shift+J on macOS)
- Tor logs (Settings > Connection > Advanced > View the Tor logs)
- Region you’re connecting to Tor from.
- Region selected from Connection Assist (if it's a Connection Assist related issue)
- Is Tor censored in your region?
- If Tor did connect, how much time did it take to bootstrap? Any effects on browsing speed?
How to reach us
We have several official Telegram bots and channels:
- @GetTor_Bot to download Tor Browser.
- @GetBridgesBot to get obfs4 bridges.
- @TorProject to get the latest news.
- @TorProjectSupportBot for help.
- At the moment, the Telegram support channel is available in two languages: English and Russian.
- If you need help with circumventing censorship, please select from the menu options which region you are connecting from as it will be easier for us to follow up.
Please review our discussion guidelines and check the existing topics before asking.
If you found a bug, please use GitLab.
You can reach our support team with a text message to our WhatsApp number: +447421000612.
This service is only available for text messages; videos or calls are not supported.
You can get help by sending a text message to our Signal number: +17787431312.
Signal is a free and privacy-focused messaging app.
Currently, our support channel is available in English and Russian and focuses on helping Tor users in censored regions.
The service is only available for text messages; videos, or calls are not supported.
After sending a message, our support agents will guide you and help troubleshoot your issue.
Send us an email to email@example.com
For the fastest response, please write in English, Russian, Spanish, Hindi, Bangla and/or Portuguese if you can.
IRC and Matrix
You can find us in the
#tor channel on OFTC or Tor User Support channel on Matrix. We may not respond right away, but we do check the backlog and will get back to you when we can.
Learn how to connect to IRC / Matrix.