Support, feedback and bug report template
When sending us a support request, feedback or reporting a bug, please include as much information possible:
- Operating System you are using
- Tor Browser version
- Tor Browser Security Level
- Step by step of how you got to the issue, so we can reproduce it (e.g. I opened the browser, typed a url, clicked on a option in settings, then my browser crashed)
- A screenshot of the problem
- Console logs on Tor Browser Desktop (can be opened by Ctrl+Shift+J on Windows/Linux and Cmd+Shift+J on macOS)
- Tor logs (Settings > Connection > Advanced > View the Tor logs)
- Region you’re connecting to Tor from.
- Region selected from Connection Assist (if it's a Connection Assist related issue)
- Is Tor censored in your region?
- If Tor did connect, how much time did it take to bootstrap? Any effects on browsing speed?
How to reach us
We have several official Telegram bots and channels:
- @GetTor_Bot to download Tor Browser.
- @GetBridgesBot to get obfs4 bridges.
- @TorProject to get the latest news.
- @TorProjectSupportBot for help.
- At the moment, the Telegram support channel is available in two languages: English and Russian.
- If you need help with circumventing censorship, please select from the menu options which region you are connecting from as it will be easier for us to follow up.
We recommend asking for help on the Tor Forum.
You will need to create a account to submit a new topic.
Please review our discussion guidelines and check the existing topics before asking.
At the moment, for the fastest response, please write in English.
If you found a bug, please use GitLab.
You can get help by sending a text message to our Signal number: +17787431312.
Signal is a free and privacy-focused messaging app.
Currently, our support channel is available in English and Russian and focuses on helping Tor users in censored regions.
The service is only available for text messages; videos, or calls are not supported.
After sending a message, our support agents will guide you and help troubleshoot your issue.
Send us an email to email@example.com
In the subject line of your email, please tell us what you're reporting.
The more specific your subject line is (e.g. "Connection failure", "feedback on website", "feedback on Tor Browser, "I need a bridge"), the easier it will be for us to understand and follow up.
Sometimes when we receive emails without subject lines, they're marked as spam and we don't see them.
For the fastest response, please write in English, Russian, Spanish, Hindi, Bangla and/or Portuguese if you can.
If none of these languages works for you, please write in any language you feel comfortable with, but keep in mind it will take us a bit longer to answer as we will need help with translation to understand it.
IRC and Matrix
You can find us in the
#tor channel on OFTC or Tor User Support channel on Matrix. We may not respond right away, but we do check the backlog and will get back to you when we can.
Learn how to connect to IRC / Matrix.
First, check if the bug is already known.
You can search and read all the issues at https://gitlab.torproject.org/.
To create a new issue, please request a new account to access Tor Project's GitLab instance and find the right repository to report your issue.
We track all Tor Browser related issues at Tor Browser issue tracker.
Issues related to our websites should be filed under the Web issue tracker.